Since you asked us about the price of saffron in Iran, Today we are going to explain it for you. First of all,
What is Saffron?
This expensive spice, saffron has been known as red gold for centuries, which is called Zarparan (a flower with gold petals) in Iran. Some resources have noted that saffron dates back to 3500 years ago. Saffron flower has six main components for the various uses: Petals, Bunch, Negin, Sargol, Poushal, konj (khame). In addition to these, We should mention that saffron is the only plant which is measured by grams and mesqals.
Uses of saffron
Because of the unique properties of saffron, it can used in many industries.
- Saffron is used in the production of various medicines.
- Saffron is used in cosmetic industries.
- And also we can use saffron in our foods.
What defines the quality of saffron?
- Coloring: The main reason for the red color in saffron is a compound called Crocin with the chemical formula C44H64O24. Crocin is one of the Carotenoids in nature that dissolves easily in water. In fact, this solubility is one of the reasons for the widespread use of saffron as a colorant in food and medicine compared to other Carotenoids. The color strength of saffron is one of the main parameters that determine the quality of saffron, which is evaluated by measuring the amount of Crocin in it. Crocin in saffron should be between 140 and 300 units. The higher amount of this substance, the higher the quality and value of saffron.
- Fragrance: Another factor that determines the quality of saffron is that Safranal that causes its wonderful fragrance and it should be between 20 and 50 units.
- Flavor: The Picrocrocin in saffron causes the bitter taste of original saffron and should be between 70 and 150.
- Moisture: The amount of moisture can be affected on the quality of saffron. The percentage of this moisture should be less than 10 units.
- Additives: The mass percentage of additives to saffron that is tested in the laboratory should be less than 2 units.
- Length of saffron strings: This feature is especially important for Sargol saffron and determines the quality of saffron. This number can be between 10 and 30 mm.
- Climatic conditions: The climate that saffron is grown in, also has a great impact on the quality and quality of saffron. Saffron is a subtropical herb that grows better in dry climates. And as you know, Iran has one of the best climates for saffron cultivation.
- Harvest time: Another main factors of evaluation the quality of saffron is the time and hour of saffron harvest. Saffron flowers should be picked before sunrise and within 2 days of their growth so that they do not wither and their quality does not reduce.
What are the health benefits of saffron?
In another article, we have discussed in detail the health benefits of saffron. Here they are briefly mentioned. The chemical compounds of saffron directly affects the health of the body.
- Saffron actually is a natural antioxidant. This antioxidant, protects the skin from the sun’s rays and prevents the growth of cancer cells in the skin, consequently! So because of this magic feature, saffron is used in production of the creams and lotions.
- Continuous use of saffron increase the amount of white blood cells and Thanks to this feature, saffron greatly protects the body against a variety of viruses. some studies Acknowledge that the compounds of saffron have the ability to kill colon cancer cells or suppress their growth.
- Also frequent use of saffron in daily meals improves our mood. Let me say that saffron can be counted as a serious treatment for depression.
- Saffron, can be considered as a reduction of PMS symptoms and actually a treatment.
- If you are in diet or process of losing weight, by adding saffron in your meals, you can curb your appetite and also reduce your snaking.
Other health benefits of saffron:
- Saffron improves eyesight in adults.
- saffron can reduce heart diseases.
- Saffron helps to improve memory of Alzheimer’s patients.
- And also saffron can lower the amount of blood sugar and increase insulin.
The price of saffron
you may know that the price of the saffron in Iran or where ever in the world totally depends on its weight such as the gold, silver and other expensive materials.
Why saffron is so expensive?
The process of cultivating and harvesting saffron requires a significant number of skilled workers and this process may take a long time; specifically product of only 1 kilogram of saffron takes one or two days. Click to read more details on this subject.
In addition, Maybe you know that Saffron has different types in the global market. The type of saffron set the price in Iran and the whole world. But actually what’s the different between the saffron’s types? we will tell you in the following. In the beginning of this text we told you about the saffron components. these components depending on type of use, sold in particular packing. And each of these six components have different and coloring and scent. Based on this features we have various prices. For more information about the price of Super-Negin saffron, Sargol saffron and Pooshal saffron contact us.
Finally, I must point out that fake saffron has become very common in the global market and it is very difficult to distinguish it from original saffron. For more information, please follow our next articles to teach you how to identify high quality saffron. Also, contact us to know the price of different types of saffron and to buy and send it all over the world.
What’s app number: 00905527976314