As many of you know, saffron can not be grown in any climate and in any type of soil. And to produce high quality saffron, it needs to be grown in dry land with a tropical climate. Of course, the quality of saffron depends on many other factors. There are many competitors in the global market for this product. Such as Iran, India, Hong Kong, Spain, Greece, Afghanistan and France. However, for many reasons, among these countries, Iran produces the highest quality saffron in a very high volume, so that 95% of the world’s saffron is supplied through Iran and exported to all over the world. It can be boldly said that Iran is the largest producer of saffron in the world. Export of saffron for food and medicinal purposes has been common in many parts of the world since ancient times, but Iranian saffron has long been known as the best type of this plant in the world. In this article, we want to acquaint you with the process of saffron export in Iran And at the end of this article, we mention the customs tariffs of saffron. Follow this text then.
Saffron export laws
Before explaining the steps of saffron export, we must pay attention to some saffron export laws. You may know that after oil, saffron is the most important export and strategic commodity of Iran and follows all regulated export laws to leave the country. Here are the most important rules for exporting saffron:
- Before starting the saffron export process, our product must have received all the standard and product health licenses from the relevant institutions and laboratories.
- Exporting saffron without a business card is illegal.
- Before exporting, you must obtain the necessary license to export saffron.
- Each saffron export company must have all the documents required by customs, including tax returns, product authentication and power of attorney of the exporter.
- The exporter and the product must be authenticated and all customs tariffs must be paid.
- Our company complies with all these rules and has the necessary licenses for export. Contact us to find out how to buy saffron, the prices of each type and the amount you want to buy. Whats App number: 00905527976314
Ways to export saffron from Iran
Saffron is exported from Iran to foreign countries in the form of luggage and customs.
- Luggage method: There is no obstacle for travelers to take saffron out of the country. But note that passengers can only carry packaged saffron in a size that is not commercial. The permissible amount of saffron departure is 100 grams per passenger. Exporting more than this amount is commercial and you must obtain a business card to export more than 100 grams. With a business card, you can take the saffron consignment to customs, receive a declaration and obtain an export license.
- customs method: In customs export, saffron can be sent by plane or ship to all parts of the world, and to do this, the export company must receive all the necessary licenses and be able to produce and supply saffron in a very high volume and with excellent quality. When the saffron is declared to the customs, an obligation is taken from the exporter. Therefore, the issuer undertakes to return 90% of the imported currency and deliver it to Nima banking system within 4 months. There is no need to pay taxes, customs duties and duties to export saffron.
Is saffron exported from Iran insured?
Saffron is usually exported with CIF Incoterms (SAIF), which includes insurance. In this type of export incoterms, saffron is insured according to the A-B-C insurance clause. Keep in mind that saffron insurance is one of the seller’s duties.
Customs tariffs for saffron exports
At the end of this article, to explain the customs tariff for saffron exports (HS CODE) is different according to its gram. The following items indicate the customs tariffs for saffron:
- The customs tariff for saffron in packages less than 10 grams is 09102010.
- For all types of saffron powder, the customs tariff in packaging less than 10 grams is 09102020.
- The customs tariff for saffron in packages less than 30 grams is 09102030.
- Customs tariff for saffron powder in packages less than 30 grams is 09102040.
- Saffron in a package of more than 30 grams includes a customs tariff of 09102090.
How to buy high quality Iranian saffron?
To buy a high quality saffron from Iran or any other country, you must first pay attention to its laboratory licenses. What information is there in the laboratory results of saffron? In this laboratory licenses, you will see the amount of several important indicators such as the coloring power of saffron, its fragrance, its flavor, the presence or absence of additives, the length of the strings and the amount of moisture. In addition, various other indicators can be tested on any type of saffron. For example, saffron to be used for export to Germany must also be tested for arsenic. But usually the indicators that are tested in saffron are the same as we mentioned. In the following, we will briefly explain each of these indicators:
- Coloring: The main reason for the red color in saffron is a compound called crocin with the chemical formula C44H64O24. Crocin is one of the carotenoids in nature that dissolves easily in water. In fact, this solubility is one of the reasons for the widespread use of saffron as a colorant in food and medicine compared to other carotenoids. The color strength of saffron is one of the main parameters that determine the quality of saffron, which is evaluated by measuring the amount of crocin in it. Crocin in saffron should be between 140 and 300 units. The higher amount of this substance, the higher the quality and value of saffron.
- Fragrance: Another factor that determines the quality of saffron is that Safranal that causes its wonderful fragrance and it should be between 20 and 50 units.
- Flavor: The picrocrocin in saffron causes the bitter taste of original saffron and should be between 70 and 150.
- Moisture: The amount of moisture can be affected on the quality of saffron. The percentage of this moisture should be less than 10 units.
- Additives: The mass percentage of additives to saffron that is tested in the laboratory should be less than 2 units.
- Length of saffron strings: This feature is especially important for Sargol saffron and determines the quality of saffron. This number can be between 10 and 30 mm.
- Climatic conditions: In addition to these laboratory indicators, you should keep in mind that the climate that saffron is grown in, also has a great impact on the quality and quality of saffron. Saffron is a subtropical herb that grows better in dry climates. And as you know, Iran has one of the best climates for saffron cultivation.
- Harvest time: Another main factors of evaluation the quality of saffron is the time and hour of saffron harvest. Saffron flowers should be picked before sunrise and within 2 days of their growth so that they do not wither and their quality does not reduce.
Airplane is the best vehicle for exporting saffron
Exporting saffron by plane is the most practical method of transporting this product. We recommend that you use airplanes to transport saffron due to its low volume and high cost.
Saffron exporters must be careful that each shipment must be resistant to sudden changes in air pressure and shocks; This is because the air pressure inside the cabin undergoes special changes, and this may change the coefficient of air infiltration into the packages.
In exporting saffron by ship, we must also pay attention to the high humidity in the ship.
Land transportation is not usually used to export saffron; Due to the long transportation process, saffron packaging may be damaged and in this case, saffron loses its quality.
Always keep that in mind that it’s so important to buy saffron from a reputable brand to make sure you have a reputable product. Always remember to avoid buying saffron too cheaply. Contact us to buy high quality and reputable saffron.
What’s app number: 00905527976314