As you probably know, saffron is one of the most expensive and valuable spices in the world. And the high price of saffron is due to the great effort that is put into planting and harvesting it. the result of the very high cost that is used to plant saffron is nothing but beneficial and high-quality properties for the health of the human body.The chemical compounds of saffron have special properties, each of which has a great impact on the health of the body. Also, saffron, due to the high level of antioxidants it contains, its consumption is very useful for the body.
In the following, we refer to the properties and benefits of saffron.
Important properties of saffron and its effect on health
- Saffron is a powerful antioxidant: The antioxidants in saffron, in addition to preventing premature aging, can protect your skin from the carcinogenic rays of the sun. Antioxidant molecules in saffron protect your cells against free radicals and oxidative stress. In general, we must say that saffron prevents the formation and progression of cancer cells, and because of this very valuable property, saffron is usually used in sunscreens and lotions.
- Saffron strengthens the body’s immune system: If you include saffron in your meals regularly, you can help increase your red blood cells. However, saffron does not increase red blood cells and as a result, its frequent consumption can not cause problems such as blood concentration. Saffron can also have a great effect on protecting the body against viral activities in your body.
- Saffron, in addition to invigorating, reduces the symptoms of depression: From ancient times the saffron has been called the spice of the sun. No, please do not conclude soon. Considering saffron sunny is not only because of its specific color but also because it helps to improve your mood. In a laboratory study, it was found that saffron supplements were more effective than placebos in treating depressive symptoms from mild to severe. Other studies show that consuming 30 mg of saffron daily can be as effective as fluoxetine, Imipramine and Citalopram in treating depression. In addition, people who used saffron experienced fewer side effects compared to other treatments. You should keep in mind that saffron petals, like its stigmas, can be effective in treating mild to severe depression.While these findings are very promising for saffron, more studies and experiments are needed before we can offer saffron as a definitive treatment for depression.
- Saffron intensifies sexual potency: Studies have shown that saffron may have tonic properties to boost sexual instincts, especially in people taking antidepressants. For example, consuming 30 mg of saffron daily for four weeks significantly improved erectile function more than other drugs in men with erectile dysfunction associated with taking antidepressants. In addition, 6 studies have shown that saffron consumption significantly improves erectile function, libido and sexual satisfaction. However, it should be noted that saffron consumption will not affect the quality of sperm and semen. Also, if you are one of those women who are experiencing a lack of sexual desire due to taking antidepressants, keep in mind that by adding 30 mg of saffron to your meals over a period of four or five weeks, you can increase the desire. Improve your sex drive and also increase your discharges.In general, consuming the right amount of saffron can help boost sexual potency in men and women, especially people taking antidepressants.
- Saffron can improve heart function: Thanks to Kaempferol, saffron increases the heart’s pumping capacity and thus reduces the risk of heart attack and vascular problems. Many studies have proven the effect of saffron on reducing heart problems. This is probably because the body burns a lot of cholesterol in the process of converting crocin to crocetin.
- Saffron reduces the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome(PMS): Some studies have shown that saffron can be effective in reducing the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. In women aged 20 to 45, a daily intake of 30 mg of saffron a day can reduce symptoms such as anger, headache and uterine pain. Another study showed that just smelling saffron for 20 minutes can reduce the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome such as anxiety and lower cortisol levels.Saffron, this miraculous plant, also causes menstruation, and women whose menstruation has been delayed can solve their problem by consuming it. In general, both saffron eating and smelling methods can help treat PMS symptoms such as irritability, headache, pain and anxiety.
- Saffron can be effective in the process of weight loss: Eating too many snacks is a common habit among people that is more likely to expose the body to unwanted weight gain. According to research, saffron, because of its power in reducing appetite, can reduce your desire to eat frequent snacks.In an eight-week study of women, people who took a saffron supplement had a lower appetite for snacks than those who took medication, and after a while began to lose weight.In another eight-week study, saffron extract supplementation was found to significantly reduce appetite and eliminate body fat accumulation index (BMI) such as waist, abdomen and hips.However, scientists are not sure how saffron causes appetite and weight loss. According to one theory, scientists believe that improving mood and moods reduces appetite and weight loss. In general, saffron improves mood and reduces appetite, thus reducing the consumption of snacks and snacks, which helps to lose weight.
- Saffron can help reduce blood sugar: Diabetes is one of the most dangerous and widespread diseases in the world today. It has affected millions of people around the world. One of the most important properties of saffron is controlling diabetes. Because saffron has significant amounts of manganese. So if you have diabetes, adding some of it to your daily meals can help your body optimize and control its blood sugar levels.
- Using saffron helps strengthen bones: The constituent elements in saffron absorb optimal nutrients, especially calcium.The more calcium your body absorbs from food, the better your body’s chances of improving bone mineral density. And in this case, you can prevent diseases such as osteoporosis and other diseases of old age.
- Saffron prevents Alzheimer’s: The antioxidant properties of saffron can be effective in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. In one study, mice were injected with a certain amount of crocin, and the results showed a remarkable improvement in their memory capacity and function. Another study of 54 Alzheimer’s patients found that taking saffron twice a day for 22 weeks had a better effect than Dopezil (an Alzheimer’s drug).
Final word about the properties of saffron
- Saffron is a powerful spice with high antioxidant properties.
- Saffron helps to improve mood, increase sexual desire, as well as reduce the symptoms of PMS, reduce appetite and.
- Saffron is easily available to people and they can add it to their daily meals.
You should be aware that profiteers may substitute saffron – especially saffron powder – for substances such as beets, red silk fibers, turmeric and paprika and sell them to you as counterfeit. Therefore, it is important to buy saffron from a reputable brand to make sure you have a reputable product. Always remember to avoid buying saffron too cheaply. Contact us to buy high quality and reputable saffron.
What’s app number: 00905527976314