Today, the whole world is familiar with saffron and its properties. Saffron or in other words, the Red Gold is an expensive spice that has many uses in various industries and personal and daily meals. Most of the world’s saffron is produced in Iran and Khorasan province. And of course you should know that Iranian saffron has a much higher quality than other countries.
One of the great advantages of saffron is the lack of need for plenty of water and special care. A saffron bulb can grow and harvest up to 7 years. Saffron is also used as a spice and in addition to its healing properties, it is widely used to improve the taste and color of foods. The price of saffron can be different according to its quality and originality, and it is necessary to consider this point when buying saffron.
Unfortunately, due to the high price and high price of saffron, there are many abuses and frauds in the sale of this product. To buy this product, saffron consumers must buy saffron from reputable stores. However, to identify real saffron, consider the following:
- The first criteria for buying saffron is to pay attention to the appearance of this product.
- The saffron stigma, which is actually the main part, is in the shape of a trumpet at the top and narrows at the end.
- The taste of saffron is relatively bitter and sometimes it has no taste, but its aroma is sweet.
- Put some stigma in your mouth, if it is sweet, saffron is fake. To increase the weight of saffron, fraudsters dip it in sugar and honey.
- Another way to distinguish genuine saffron from fake saffron, is to throw a small amount of it in water. Original saffron has less coloring power than counterfeit saffron. fake saffron quickly loses its color and after being removed from the water, its color has changed and gone clear.
Of course, keep in mind that the price of saffron has always been high, and if you come across a product whose price is lower than the normal price, doubt its authenticity.
To read more about the reason for the high price of saffron, refer to this Saffronfa’s article:
Saffron health benefits
- Can saffron be considered a complete pharmacy?
There has been a lot of research on the properties of saffron and it shows that this red gold contains all kinds of useful substances. The most important ingredients in it are antioxidant compounds that make saffron a powerful anti-cancer. Many experts recommend saffron for people with severe stress or depression.
It is recommended that women with postpartum depression consume saffron for 6 weeks to relieve their depressive symptoms. Other properties of saffron include preventing various cancers, regulating blood sugar, helping fitness, reducing the risk of heart disease, strengthening eyesight, and so on.
- Saffron can boost immunity
One of the most important properties of saffron is strengthening the immune system. Fewer people than saffron are looking for such a property, but it is interesting to know that saffron contains a substance called ascorbic acid, which helps to produce white blood cells, and this helps the body fight germs and pathogens. It seems.
- Saffron can help blood circulation
Saffron has good amounts of iron. Iron can help make blood and provide more oxygen to other parts of the body. Therefore, it can help improve blood circulation and increase the body’s metabolism.
- Saffron can be suitable for diabetics
Saffron is good for diabetes because it contains good amounts of manganese and this substance can be very effective in maintaining blood sugar.
- Saffron can reduce anxiety
One of the properties mentioned for saffron and almost all people use saffron because of this property is to help reduce anxiety and stress as well as happiness. Saffron is a natural antidepressant. Various studies have shown that saffron can secrete beneficial hormones in the body by affecting the body’s endocrine glands.
- Saffron can be a Cancer prevention medicine
Another unique property of saffron is the fight against and prevention of various cancers. Saffron contains several compounds of antioxidants. The properties of antioxidants have been proven in modern science. These antioxidants fight harmful free radicals in the body and prevent dangerous diseases such as cancer.
What defines the quality of saffron?
First of all, we must know what indicators affect the quality of saffron.
- Saffron coloring: The main reason for the red color in saffron is a compound called crocin with the chemical formula C44H64O24. Crocin is one of the carotenoids in nature that dissolves easily in water. In fact, this solubility is one of the reasons for the widespread use of saffron as a colorant in food and medicine compared to other carotenoids. The color strength of saffron is one of the main parameters that determine the quality of saffron, which is evaluated by measuring the amount of crocin in it. Crocin in saffron should be between 140 and 300 units. The higher amount of this substance, the higher the quality and value of saffron.
- Fragrance: Another factor that determines the quality of saffron is that Safranal that causes its wonderful fragrance and it should be between 20 and 50 units.
- Flavor: The Picrocrocin in saffron causes the bitter taste of original saffron and should be between 70 and 150.
- Moisture: The amount of moisture can be affected on the quality of saffron. The percentage of this moisture should be less than 10 units.
- Additives: The mass percentage of additives to saffron that is tested in the laboratory should be less than 2 units.
- Length of saffron strings: This feature is especially important for Sargol saffron and determines the quality of saffron. This number can be between 10 and 30 mm.
- Climatic conditions: The climate that saffron is grown in, also has a great impact on the quality and quality of saffron. Saffron is a subtropical herb that grows better in dry climates. And as you know, Iran has one of the best climates for saffron cultivation.
- Harvest time: Another main factors of evaluation the quality of saffron is the time and hour of saffron harvest. Saffron flowers should be picked before sunrise and within 2 days of their growth so that they do not wither and their quality does not reduce
Why should you buy saffron from us?
Saffronfa is one of the most reputable saffron production companies in Khorasan, which has an exclusive contract with 800 farmers in this region to deliver their product with the highest quality and purity to you all over the world.
It should be noted that Saffronfa has all the licenses, certificates and test sheets of saffron and before selling any type of saffron, we send theses sheet to you, dear customers.
What’s App number: 00905527976314